The Parish of Abbots Langley

Our Buildings

The Church is the people - but people need somewhere to meet.

For almost 1,000 years there has been a church building in Abbots Langley; around the year 1150 it was dedicated to St Lawrence.  Over those years it has changed much, and in the 21st century we are very aware of its history and want to do all we can to preserve and maintain the building for generations to come and worship here.  We are also very aware that things move on and we have to keep up; to this end we have recently started building an extension on to the north side of the church which will give proper access for the disabled, toilet facilities, a meeting room and a small kitchen as well as extra storage space - if you want to find out more about the extension or help with fundraising please click here.  We are very fortunate to have a 'Friends of St Lawrence' which provides much needed resources to help maintain the fabric of the building.

The postcode for St Lawrence, which is situated in Abbots Langley High Street, is WD5 0AS; the church hall is in the car park behind the church.

The Church of the Ascension in Bedmond is 135 years old, constructed in 1880.  It is one of only a few 'tin churches' in Hertfordshire.  It is also maintained to a high standard.

The postcode for the Church of the Ascension, which is situated on Church Hill, Bedmond, at the junction with Sergehill Lane, is WD5 0RT.

If you want to find out more about either building, or about the churchyard at St Lawrence, please click on the appropriate name above.

Follow us on Facebook Fair Trade Logo

Choose products with this Mark
www.fairtrade.org.uk


The coming week...

Weekly Leaflet

Weekly Leaflet

 

Sunday 22nd July, The Eighth Sunday After Trinity

8.00 am Holy Communion in St Lawrence
President & Preacher: The Revd Peter Waddell
9.30 am Parish Communion with Seekers and Creche in St Lawrence
President & Preacher: The Revd Peter Waddell
12.30 pm Christening for Theodore Mitchell
6.30 pm Evening Prayer in St Lawrence
Leader: The Revd Peter Waddell